Saturday, April 12, 2008

Feeling Slightly Hungover

But that is more because I had people overdose than anything alchohol-related. In fact, there was nothing alcohol-related except when I picked up a bottle of my parent's beer (see below) to demonstrate that I was breaking the law. I don't even like the smell of beer.

Yesterday we had a glorious half-day which was more like pretend school than anything. Half-days are really just to make the administrators feel better about letting us out of school. I read 24 girls, 7 days by Alex somebody and it was OK; and then our friends lent me The Gospel According to Larry which was pretty good. After school I went over to Arby's with Vithya and some other girls, and then to Vithya's house for a Leo diCaprio marathon.

I watched The Departed (or rather: not watched, since I closed my eyes at half of it and thus fulfilled suspicions of being a nice Christian girl. The language is terrible, but twenty minutes into it you stop being shocked and become interested in how creatively they use the f-word.) We were partly into William Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet when Mom picked me up for a big party at our digs.

Lots of food, lots of people, lots of me ranting against certain policies of certain schools. Didn't get to sleep till about midnight or so, thus the hungover feeling.

No comments: