Monday, April 28, 2008

S (tupid) A (norexic) T (imed) s (sheetsofpaper)

I think I really am growing up.

I join, against all principles, the thousands of students once again in re-taking the SATs this Saturday morning. I'd like to up my math score by about 60 points, as well as my writing score. It's a matter of making sure colleges don't scratch their heads when they see my College Board report.

O, how I hate College Board.
I hate their seductive College QuickFinder,
their costly exams
the hours and dimes they steal from us
the poor overachieving youth
who only need
another hour
of sleep

Ahem. Poetry moment over.

Seriously, this whole college business is beginning to get serious. Thursday I can start scheduling my W&M interview for this summer. I have to narrow down my list of 10 schools to 7-- it costs $75 just to apply to these places. I've already crossed out JMU and once I tour Columbia & NYU, I expect to cross out one or the other.

The grades war continues. My trig teacher is under the impression that I have an A in his class, according to the online grading report. Brilliant! I just got a 50 on his quiz, so that won't last too long. I have tests in math and chemistry tomorrow which should be... interesting.

In one way I'm grateful for blogging. It helps me reflect publicly over this time in my life. It's unique and stressful-- SATs and hormones mixed in-- but it's special. It stands out. It stands out as being happy, too, inspite of all this gross stuff I'm learning about polar coordinates and multiple choice questions.

No comments: