Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Art of Ruining a Day

1. Stand in line for 1.5 hours for summer school registration. Line is still too long, so you go to the last part of first bell.

2. In the middle of salsa-baking second bell, get a call from Attendance snapping that "You did not attend first bell."

3. Go deal with attendance office to prevent getting suspended, and deliver proof from guidance that I in fact was at school on time.

4. Fail a quiz in English and miss a reading assignment, all because I forgot to read the reading schedule.

5. Get yelled at by AP Chem teacher for going to register for summer school during AP Chem... which is when guidance calls for me. (I got an 80 on her test.)

6. Get a sales call from the DC area (DC???) in the middle of Latin class. Phone is, of course, on all the way and so phone is taken by Latin teacher.

7. Get an 82 on his quiz.

8. Study hall: have to sneeze. No tissues. Spend entire study hall in extreme stress and mortification.

9. Go to principal's office to pick up phone. Assistant principal is out. No phone until tomorrow.

10. Come home and cry.

I got a 91 on my trig test and lunch was fun. So it isn't a complete waste of daylight.

Do you know that scene in Bridget Jones' Diary where she's talking on the phone to her BFF and then Hugh Grant walks over and she pretends to be talking to a professor, but HG realizes it and shows her up and she doesn't say anything but you see

F****************************************************

right across the screen?

Let me say that that was repeated often-- very often--- mentally throughout my entire day so far.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O_O . . . I don't like your school!

Madeline said...

indeed... the joys of the public school system

Katie Beth said...

:-( I'm sorry! I hope today was better.