Saturday, February 9, 2008

Pep-Pep-Perray!

Friday we had a pep rally in honor of our upcoming games against the Arch Rival, Carolyn Keene High School. The cheerleaders sucked, the dance team was all right but the step team was hilarious. For those uninitiated, stepping is like rap-dancing; usually an African-American girl thing with movements timed perfectly with a beat, etc. It's quite cool when done well. Anyway, as I was standing with two THOUSAND other kids in the gym and specifically with some very funny AP Chem kids, the step team comes out with their hoodies all pulled in so you can't see their faces. All but one begin to dance. After the first number, a team member goes to the remaining hoodied person and rips off the hoodie to reveal.... a skinny white junior boy!

It was SO FUNNY.

He then began to dance with all these voluptuous black girls and he was GREAT. It was the best part of the pep rally. He was the talk of the pep rally. Kudos to him!

Today I slept in till ten and then went shopping. Didn't get much, because the dresses at H&M were too short (sad face, they were quite cute) but I did manage to get my hands on a pair of Antonio Melani shoes for $20 (adorable tan snake-skin patterned peep heels) and a cute basic white shirt from NY&C.

I really love shopping. It makes me wonder whether I should consider the fashion mag world, just to fund and indulge in clothes and beauty. I don't know whether I'd be any good at it, but it sure would be fun.

No comments: