Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Getting Schooled in Florida: Day 6

Yesterday, in Day 6 of my Floridan adventure, was a gorgeous day. Mom Mom and I picked up magazines for my flight travel (Seventeen and Elle now) as well as stopping by Stein Mart. I grabbed a beautiful vinyl plastic BRIGHT YELLOW aviator jacket (loads of adjectives) combining money from Mom Mom & Pop Pop's birthday gift and part of Nana & Grandee's school clothes gift. Talk about a grandparental collaboration!

After lunch at the club (magnificent quesadillas and cookies) we went fishing! We took the boat for a grand two hours and it was sublime. I got lots and lots of photos which I will present in a moment. I even tanned a bit, which is saying something. It was really wonderful.

I watched another Miss Marple but an old one this time, not the one with Helen Hayes. Then Mom Mom cooked shrimp alfredo fettucini (fabulous) and she and I watched the Masterpiece Theatre rendition of Northanger Abbey which was much better than the old one.

This morning, we went surf fishing! That's when you fish off the beach. I don't have any photos, but it was really fun because it's pretty today. I learned how to throw the line out (casting that has nothing to do with drama) and right at the end I caught a small bass. It was lovely, but not eatable so it got to live another day and I got a nice feeling out of it.

I have had a really amazing time in Florida. More reflections and all later, but for now, pray for safe travel and that my culture shock back into Sayers won't be too bad!

No comments: