Monday, January 28, 2008

No More Full House

Tis the night before I get schooled. Again.

Ever since, I don't know, September or so, my sister and I began a tradition of watching Full House every weekday afternoon. We were both home-schooled, and it gave structure to our afternoons. I have now come to know the inner workings of the Tanner household, as well as learned about Jesse's Elvis obsession and Joey's puerile state of mind. It's not the wittiest show around (House) or most fashion-forward (Project Runway) or amusing (What Not to Wear.) But it's funny, and sweet, and so early 90s.

But now I will miss Full House because I don't get home from school until it's over. This is one of the things I am giving up, along with a fully (or thereabouts) stocked pantry open 24/7, leisure time, and... I can't think of much more. Thus signifying my complete resolution to enter public high school tomorrow.

For the record, to protect my parents from future lawsuits: I confess I am doing this of my own free will.

The month of January has been extraordinary. I have lazed about and done a lot of writing and worked in my dad's office and listened to music and practiced music and gone to Florida and had a birthday party and SHOPPED. Thanks to Christmas presents, gifts from my grandparents and a gift card from my parents, I have officially been shopped out. I have completely re-vamped my wardrobe from The Semester of Purgatory (official title). I have absolutely divine clothing. I don't think I can spend another cent on clothes, shoes, purses or jewelry without cringing.

So. Am I ready for school? Not exactly. I have pencils to sharpen, binders to find, backpacks to pick, paper to stuff, lunch to prepare, outfit to lay out, class schedule to confirm... but at least I know I'll look good.

Some things, like friends and school, are worth sacrificing for, as long as you're wearing the right pair of shoes.

4 comments:

Madeline said...

I hope i look that hot when I turn 46, for being in a shower cap, I looked Goooood. you're just jealous. I understand : )

Madeline said...

I think the lawsuit may come from the paragraph after, my little truant. lol. I hope it goes well, praying for you.

Katie Beth said...

I just bought "Love Song" on iTunes. My account's low at the moment, but I wanted Fairytale too. Sara B is phenomenal. She's a bit reminiscent of Natasha Beddingfield, with a different style.

Anonymous said...

Mmhmm, KB. Buy "Gravity" too. It's about leaving a relationship that makes her weaker... like, about finding your own strength, even if it means giving up someone you love. hard to explain. i LITERALLY get chills and goosebumps when I hear her sing this. LITERALLY.

and madeline, you can go buy showercaps when you're forty. I will be buying Prada.

gabrielle