Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Locker: A List of Accomplishments

1. I rode the bus to school.

2. I got a locker, although I couldn't open it without help from multiple people.

3. I talked with two girls in my Foods & Wellness class about bright spring colors, prom and preventing falls in the kitchen.

3.b. I got a 95 on a quiz in English, about an essay I had just read the night before.

4. I talked to a very nice girl in AP Chem.

5. I entered the cafeteria, bought a Subway sandwich, and walked around trying to see if there was anyone I could potentially sit with. As there was none in sight, I sat down at a table by myself. Three seconds later, a girl who I had neither talked to nor shared classes with-- I had just seen her in AP Chem during break-- asked me to sit with her group of friends.

6. They totally bought my "I-transferred-to-Maud-Lovelace-Because-I-got-caught-smuggling-marijuana" line. Like totally. It was so funny.

7. I had a great time at lunch.

8. Latin was so much fun. I love my Latin class.

9. I was able to open my locker twice without help (and twice with.) Yay!

10. I wore my glasses in two classes.

One step forward... well, I can't go much further backward. So just one step forward, I hope.

5 comments:

Katie Beth said...

LOL, they believed you?? Wooooow. :-D

Anonymous said...

. . . and did you or did you not correct that belief?

Katie Beth said...

She has a good question, there.

Gabrielle said...

LOL!! Well, what the correct dialogue was:

GUY-WHO-THINKS-HE'S-ALL-THAT:
So, Gabrielle, why did you leave [whatever nice adjective] homeschooling for the hell that is Lovelace High School?

GABRIELLE:
Well, actually, I was caught smuggling marijuana--

Entire table silences for about 5 seconds

GABRIELLE:
HAHAHA! No. Actually, I moved here last summer and it was just hard to meet people.

GUY-WHO-THINKS-HE'S-ALL-THAT:
Oh, because I was going to say we have something in common.

hahaha. You have to love public school. He *was* kidding, btw.

Katie Beth said...

Uh huh. Sure he was. ;-D